As you are all aware we have some new guidelines to follow.
- You must use the check-in CBR app before you enter the Proshop and the Club House (they have 2 separate QR Codes).
- You must wear a mask to enter the Proshop & Club House. If you do not have a mask on you will be refused service and asked to leave.
Due to the amount of rain in the last month the course is very wet and boggy in spots.
We have been appalled by some members who disregard the rules and drive wherever they want.
So, for the first time ever we will have marshals on the course monitoring cart movements from tomorrow.
Until Further Notice
- Carts are to be kept on paths only. (No driving in the rough or just cutting across the fairways)
- Make sure you take sand with you to repair divot, the people behind you are watching you and can see if you grab a club and don’t take the sand bucket with you.
- If you are caught in breach of the above rules, your details will be passed on to the match Committee for further action.
- If this does not work the proshop will be forced to implement a no carts rule.
- If you have a medical exemption to use a cart, a strict 90 deg rule applies for the fairways and the rough. Remember your exemption is for you only (so you can’t drive across a fairway to your partners ball).
Pace of play
Please be aware of your pace of play, we understand that parking a cart and walking to the ball with your sand may take a little longer but remember you must keep up with the group in front.
Last Wednesday morning rounds took 5 hours, because a group of 2 walkers and 2 in a cart took over 4.30 hours to play 17 holes.
Their disregard for follow members resulted in over 20 people behind them being affected.
The club match play is currently being held , with some match's being played during competitions times , please be mindful of fellow members in the comp around you . while I do appreciate your commitment to playing well, I do not believe measuring putts with the flagstick is really necessary.
Winter Cup will be run on Saturday the 17th of July (Covid permitting) , this is a 4 person Ambrose event with a lunch afterwards. Get your team together . Entry forms will be out mid next week .